ReadHear™ Mac (CD-ROM)
ReadHear™ Mac is the first ever fully-featured Digital Talking Book player for the Mac! The great accessibility features available in ReadHear™ are no longer limited to the PC. ReadHear Mac provides excellent benefits to those who enjoy and appreciate learning and listening to all types of books, articles, and documents.
Now With Integrated Learning Ally Support
Now you can read all of your favorite Learning Ally DAISY Audiobooks on the Mac. Learning Ally members can get a free version of ReadHear™ Mac
Check out our Features!
- Support for MathML, NIMAS 1.1., & DAISY/ NISO 2005. ReadHear Mac is the first DAISY DTB player that supports all updated specifications on the Macintosh.
- Roaming Activation for greater portability. The license can be moved from one computer to another making it cost-effective for school licensing, at home and at work.
- Continuous audio when using another program simultaneously. ReadHear Mac works like a media player, so it will continue reading while you do other things on your computer.
- Optimized for large books. From encyclopedias to textbooks, any large book will open quickly, navigating and processing at the speed of a smaller book.
- Automatic Update. ReadHear Mac regularly checks for updates so users will always have the most recent version available.
- Bookshare, Learning Ally DAISY Audiobooks, Educational Publishers, e-Pub, & DRM Supported soon!
The new ReadHear Mac offers a variety of features that make the program easy and enjoyable to use.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Text highlighting
- Navigation Sidebar
Keyboard shortcuts can be used for quicker access to menu items and functions. Text highlighting is also used to help the reader follow along as the book is being read. The Library feature organizes and stores all of your books for future use and will even find books that are already on your Mac.
Use the Sidebar to quickly jump to parts of a book by selecting Headings, Pages, Bookmarks, and Search. Additional audio navigation methods include: heading, page, sentence, and word mode. Add a bookmark whenever you like in the book and include your own additional notes. Features of ReadHear™ Mac ReadHear Mac automatically checks for updates to ensure you always have the most up-to-date version. Once a book is opened, playback automatically starts. You can then choose to pause, go forward, go backwards, or repeat content. ReadHear Mac uses the voices that come standard with your Macintosh. Built-in spelling and dictionary features augment your reading and comprehension experience.Additionally, ReadHear Mac has been well-tested for use with VoiceOver.
ReadHear Mac is compatible with Leopard (Mac OSX v10.5) and above and plays the following file formats:
- Plain text
- DAISY 2 and 3
- Save-As DAISY
- SVG images
- e-Pub (soon)